The Atkins Group owns prime land for development, lease, and sale, with a portfolio concentrated in residential, commercial, industrial, and farm holdings. Over the years, we’ve worked diligently to weather fluctuating markets and real-estate trends – always with our firm’s legacy, and our community’s success, in mind. Decades of know-how, coupled with solid relationships with contractors, vendors, lenders, and economic development officials, have garnered our family owned and operated firm a stellar reputation in the community and industry.
Currently, TAG is hiring an Administrative Assistant to work in our Commercial & Industrial Real Estate Development department.
The successful applicant will support the members of our C/I division on a daily basis to ensure the team is working to their optimum capabilities and efficiencies. This person will be assisting a team of property managers, project managers and the company president. This is a multi-tasking position at a fast pace company – no day will be the same. The position involves the following tasks:
- Filing and organizing correspondence, contracts, documents, photos, etc.
- Creating and implementing checklists for real estate development tasks
- Communicating with contractors, brokers, vendors, tenants, clients, etc.
- Learning the location of multiple properties and buildings in our portfolio
- Running errands, delivering documents
- Assisting with meetings, events, marketing materials, appraisals, tours, etc.
Our ideal candidate would have a working knowledge of construction and real estate terminology. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook is a must because our Administrative Assistant will be tracking calendars to set up meetings and calls while at the same time preventing conflicts. The pay range for this full-time position is $21.00-$28.00 per hour, not including quarterly bonuses. Health, dental, AFLAC, 401k with employer match, and PTO also included.
Submit resumes to Shannon Wingler via email at Shannonw@atkinsgroup.com
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Self-starter who does not require constant oversight when assigned tasks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Prefer if applicant has knowledge of real estate and/or construction terminology
- Team player – Position will also work with company Admin/Accounting, IT and Farm division staff.
- Foreign language skills would be a bonus – especially Spanish or Korean
- Must have valid driver’s license and own reliable transportation. Ability to travel in and around Champaign/Urbana during normal business hours.