The Atkins Group is now hiring for the position of Facility Manager.
The successful applicant will be responsible for facility management for industrial portfolio featuring 13 warehouses and over 2Msf of warehouse space. The portfolio is located mostly in central Illinois but has recently expanded into Indiana. Facility manager will report directly to VP Development and work closely with VP Property Management. Our portfolio also includes a few commercial properties that will need assistance, but the bulk of the properties will be industrial for this position.
We are currently seeking applicants who are available for employment in the summer of 2023.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- work order completion and regular inspections of the portfolio;
- project and maintenance planning, scheduling, inspections and close out;
- planning and oversight of ongoing capital repairs and hiring and retaining service vendors as needed;
- management of architecture and engineering firms, competitive bidding to contractors and vendors, and financial proforma support;
- capital expense projects will include budget and schedule adherence, verifying and documenting as-built work, coordination and completion of punch lists;
- Projects will range from repairs/replacements to major remodeling/new construction. Projects managed will be both interior (HVAC service, filter replacements, light fixture replacements, fire extinguisher annual inspections, etc.) and exterior (grounds, erosion control, landscaping, tree replacement, roof inspections, exterior paving replacement, etc.)
Other responsibilities include preparing and compiling project proposals, schematic drawings and exhibits and budget assistance.
- Effective written and graphical communications skills are necessary to create professional, comprehensive proposals that clients with limited real estate experience can readily understand.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills will be required to effectively communicate with clients, contractors, architects, engineers, and team members through every facet of the position.
- Facility management experience (prefer: industrial/warehouse).
- Self-starter who is a proven problem solver, not just a problem identifier.
- Experience managing time sensitive schedules and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to read, interpret, and review architectural and engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with all levels of internal and external staff/clients from construction workers to upper-level management, administrators.
- Must have valid driver’s license and own reliable transportation. Ability to travel in and around central Illinois and Indiana during normal business hours.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required both in person and virtually (via Microsoft Teams/Zoom).
- Willing and able to access various locations within the buildings (including roofs).
- Willingness to handle after hours service and emergency calls.
- Bachelor’s degree in facility management, engineering, architecture, construction management or related field preferred, but not required (finance and real estate degrees may also be considered as a preference.)
- Previous budgeting, estimating, and contract negotiating skills.
Spanish language skills would be beneficial.
The Company will consider requests or exceptions to these job duties based on legally protected religious observations, as reasonable accommodations to an employee’s disability, or as otherwise required by law.
Applicants should send resume and references to email@example.com.